"To be overcome by the fragrance of flowers is a delectable form of defeat."~Beverly Nichols

Saturday, July 28, 2007

First bloom for Ruby Stella... looks much darker in real life seemingly but this photo is more representative of the picture on the label.
This was supposed to be Bonanza but it is way off...any ideas?
Another Stella D'oro just because....
And another of the unknown from my last post which I have discovered is Mini Pearl after finding the tag in the shed. I have decided to keep all of the tags in a journal so I will not find myself in the spot of not knowing again.... other buds are swollen and look as though they will soon bloom so I am waiting with excitment to see what comes forth.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

kate said...

You have a lovely collection of daylilies. I haven't been a big daylily fan until this year, simply because most of the daylilies here are either bright orange or bright yellow. So, I tend to wander right past the daylilies in the spring.

Now after seeing gorgeous photographs of daylilies on gardening blogs like yours, I'm realising there is an incredible variety of colours and shapes. I like the Ruby Stella and the Mini Pearl the best.

It's a good thing to keep track of the tages ... I'm terrible with doing this and sometimes it bugs me when I have no idea of what a plant or its cultivar is named.

Have a good week!

Philosophical Karen said...

I finally visited a daylily farm! Talk about being in heaven. Anyway, I'm so glad your daylilies are blooming and you are taking (and posting!) photos of them. For the Ruby Stella, you could try casting a shadow on it when you are taking the photo. If you can't use yourself to cast the shadow, get something large enough to be off camera but block the direct sunshine.

Jane O' said...

Wonderful daylilies. I love that Mini Pearl.
I lose tags and markers all the time so now I photograph them as soon as I buy them if they have a bloom, or even right in the daylily field before I amke a purchase, and put a picture in a special daylily album with a description of where it's planted. That way even if the tag or mraker is detroyed or lost I can still track down the name.
I enjoyed visiting your blog.