"To be overcome by the fragrance of flowers is a delectable form of defeat."~Beverly Nichols

Monday, August 14, 2006

I have not had much time in the garden this past little while as we have been away and all of the getting ready that goes into that has taken up my time. I did however manage to get out with a friend last Saturday to a day lily bazaar. I bought a couple of plants for the memory garden I put in at the camp and I bought a couple for myself. Daring Dilemma is a cream tinted with pink with a purple eye, and Tani is a rose pink. I can't wait to see them in glory next summer. On our way home, we went a different route and what did we see but a day lily "farm". We didn't have time to stop, but we plan to get out next week. The also sell grasses. Too exciting I think!!! My Bristol Ruby Wegeilia is blooming again as is my honeysuckle vine. I love it when I get an extra gift of colourful blooms.

globe flower finally in bloom asiatic lily
purple coneflower just beginning to shine
hibiscus bud
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Philosophical Karen said...

Do you know what type of purple coneflower you have? Will you post photos of the Bristol Ruby Weigela? (That is one of my favourite shrubs -- my tiny one in the front garden also has some new blooms.) And you found another daylily farm? I am so envious!

Anonymous said...

i've pretty much given up with what little bit of garden i have, it was too hot and the weeds just seemed to have taken over. i can't wait until it's fall and i can call it quits.