"To be overcome by the fragrance of flowers is a delectable form of defeat."~Beverly Nichols

Sunday, July 09, 2006

A bit of rain and lots of sun....lots of things in bloom. I bought three new daylilies yesturday. Siloam Ury Winniford, Strawberry Candy, and the most appropriate, Pardon Me. Pardon Me is a phrase I utter many times over in any given day so when I saw a daylily with the same name, I had to have it. I can't wait to see the blooms, adding even more colour to the garden by the stairs.astilbe and roses
astilbe
clematis and explorer rose
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Philosophical Karen said...

That clematis and rose is a nice combination.

Sigruns German Garden said...

Hi, I am the first time at your blog. I like Astibes too. Yesterday I have cut them all down, they are over.
My daylilies looks great in the moment, and I always want to have more and more, and put them in pots.

Your clematis and the rose are lovely!

Anonymous said...

i love the names of some of these daylilies, i never really paid attention to them until karen started posting them on her garden blog, i'm definitely going to look for something for each of my kids. and your white rose looks beautiful, as much as i adore colour, white flowers are my favorite.