"To be overcome by the fragrance of flowers is a delectable form of defeat."~Beverly Nichols

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Not a plant obviousley but a new doorknocker. I was tired of having the name of the previous owners of the house on the front door and decided that I would get something whimsical.... A garden bench salvaged by a friend from a courtyard being renovated. It needs some work but it suits the backyard and me perfectly. Yet another spot to enjoy a cup of tea with a friend....
An astilbe planted in a very poor location. Either I don't know how to read or the tag didn't indicate that it would get so tall. Either way it will need to be moved to a more suitable spot later in the fall towards the back of the garden....
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Philosophical Karen said...

I love that door knocker, and the garden bench is a great find. We regularly buy inexpensive benches and try to wheedle as many years as we can out of them. I think yours is a better quality one which will last well once it's revived.